Monday 28 May 2012

The Harcombe Diet

Good Evening Lovely Readers


I am blogging over here today http://newbeginningswithfood.blogspot.co.uk/ and have joined Sue from Our New Life in the Country in her new food blog http://thehowlowcanyougofooddiary.blogspot.co.uk/ . We are both trying this diet and she has now completed phase 1. Mr Thrifty and I have done 3 days, so 2 to go and then we can move on to phase 2.


I have lost 7lbs in 2 days. How great is that!

Hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely sunshine (UK readers).

Love Mrs Thrifty 
xxx

PS. Thank you for all the lovely comments on my garden post yesterday .... a wild flower meadow seems to be the consensus of opinion!

3 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your last few posts.

    Yes, I am loving going for evening walks along the country lanes where we live. I loved your photos.

    Our garden has gone mad too! We are relaxed about it and do what we can. Our land behind the summer house is left for wild flowers such as red clover and oxeye daisies. Last night we watched the bees visiting the flowers as the sunset. Bliss.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah well now diets are not my favourite subject considering I am on a perennial diet and have been for the last 4 years...I have a lazy thyroid which makes it very difficult to lose weight. I try and eat sensibly but I have a complicated work timetable so that doesn't help ... my meal times are scattered. Best of luck with yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your weight loss!

    We've just been reading about the diet, as we've never heard of it. It sounds similar to The Wahls Protocol in the USA, which is based on a hunter/gatherer diet.

    Cutting out processed foods is an excellent way to lose weight. Since becoming totally vegan again, along with cutting out processed food & oil - we've both now lost nearly 2 stone & feel wonderful! We spend more time cooking, but it's worth it. We eat huge salads, tons of pulses, nuts & seeds - we love it. We also eat more than ever - 4 or 5 meals a day!

    Hope you continue to enjoy it!

    Kay & Sime :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx