Thursday 2 February 2012

Crochet happy..

Good Evening Lovely Readers and another huge welcome to my new followers. It is bitterly cold in Suffolk today but in the land of the big sky we had a glorious sunrise this morning. The wind is raging outside and Mr Thrifty rang me at school today to tell me that the boiler had broken... talk about timing.  We are so lucky to have a real fire in the lounge, but the rest of the house is pretty cold. We are using up the logs from an old sycamore tree we had to take down in the garden a couple of years ago. It will certainly be hot water bottles tonight!



The cushion cover has landed! I am so thrilled to have finished a substantial item. I know it isn't like the beautiful blankets you see on other blogs, but I just love it. This photo doesn't do it justice - I took it quickly with my phone. At the weekend, I'll look out my camera and so hopefully you will be able to see the beautiful bright rainbow colours. It is so pretty and I am so happy.... ahhh the little things in life.  It came from a book called Cute n Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench which is just packed full of fabulous projects.
                                                                                           

 Now I just have to decide what to make next.....


I wish you a wonderful and, above all, warm evening xx

5 comments:

  1. That fire looks very cosy, just wrap up well and enjoy it!

    That cushion does look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow turned out so nice, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky having a real fire.

    The cushion is nice and colourful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all - will try and take brighter photos tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cushion looks great, beautiful colours.

    Thinking of you snuggling up on the sofa with a real fire. Lovely.

    Suffolk does have beautiful open skies!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx