The rules of the prize are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Link back that person
- Select blogs that you've recently discovered (and think deserve it!) and nominate them
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
The blogs I would like to nominate are:
Now then, 7 things to tell Sft:
1. I am sitting typing, wearing a lovely Kaffe Fassett cardigan that I knitted 25 years ago when I was expecting Number 1. It is so warm and the colours are just gorgeous.
2. I lost a substantial amount of hearing in my 30s and 40s through Meniere's Disease, but I still teach languages, wear hearing aids, and lip read pretty well... students know that can't swear when I am around! I am a reasonable signer and am currently doing my level 3 (BSL).
3. I love genealogy and have traced my paternal line back to 1600s Norfolk to a farmer, buried in Roughton. My maternal line is Irish and contains (deceased) archdeacons, priests and nuns - including a Mother Superior at the Ursuline convent in Blackrock, Ireland.
4. My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 7, but I only learnt to crochet 3 weeks ago and I am loving it.
5. The most amazing place I have visited is Petra in Jordan.
6. I have been with Mr Thrifty for 28 years - since university days.
7. My lovely grandfather started his working life at the age of 12 on the Aquitania, the sister ship of the Titanic, and sailed into the Baltic Sea to witness refugees fleeing the Russian revolution and drank milkshakes in milk bars in New York during prohibition.
Again, thank you Sft for the nomination - I feel very honoured xx