Tuesday 14 February 2012

De-clutter challenge


Hello Wonderful Readers - thank you for dropping in and making sure that I am not (yet) talking to myself. A huge, warm welcome to Jane + Chris, Grace at oldpolicehouse and Lena. If you have been following my blog, you will know that I am doing Carla's "Low (no) spend/Declutter Challenge" - you can find the lovely Carla's details here:

http://halfdozendaily.typepad.com/my-half-dozen-daily/february-challenge-2012-1.html

So, in the spirit of sharing, here are the results of this week's work - amazing what a half-term and a house viewing can do?

From this.....

to this.

From this,

and this.......

to this,

and this.

Oh deary me......

and there's worse...............

Ta da ...... it's a miracle!

Thank heavens the view out back needs no tidying!

I am sooo tired and Mr Thrifty has already gone to bed. It took us 3 days, but the viewing went well.  My lovely  Partnership Support Worker from Hearing Dogs came today and left with 7 books and 17 magazines ..... no-one is safe!!!

Sleep well dear readers ..... I know I will xx



16 comments:

  1. I could use your tiding skills here!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, well done. such a good cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one lot of really hard work, congratulations!! I particularly love your library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on de-cluttering! Your house looks great. Love all the red too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all - a lot of hard work, but so worth it now. Trying to de-clutter the books Anne - we are NEVER going to read them all! I love reds mixed with whites Lena - a Scandinavian look x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge difference!!! You have rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can see why you are tired after all of that! Well deserved rest is hopefully in store for you & Mr. Thrifty. It is so nice to have others to do a Challenge with !

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very timely read - my task today is similar! ahhhhhhh but well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am following the low spend but not the declutter challenge.

    Need a big school holiday to tackle the decluttering.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have really worked hard! It looks great. And what a great view you have!

    Hope you had your well deserved rest.
    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that's an extremely impressive tidy up! If you find that you have a few spare minutes you are more than welcome to come and work your magic at my house! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty kitchen, good job on the clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow thats amazing can you come visit me :) ty for the tagg too i eventually got round to posting tonight x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all - now just need to maintain it - that's the hard bit xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've nominated you for a versatile blogger reward! Come, check out my blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx