Sunday 26 February 2012

A Lenten Heart

Good Morning Lovely Readers and Welcome to Angela and Kim

I have just popped in to see Angela at Tracing Rainbows  http://angalmond.blogspot.com/  and read her Lenten message. My little heart is arousing a lot of interest and Angela's blog made me think of Lent (I was raised a Catholic) and all that it means. To give things away is to bless others and what this little heart seems to represent is perhaps the love of a universal deity (I don't think it matters which God(s) you hold dear). Is this why we love hearts so much? I read a wonderful book some years ago called "Why Love Matters - how affection shapes a baby's brain". To my mind this is a ground-breaking book which looks at the way that love affects the developing brain. We all need love; to love and to be loved. We sometimes lose ourselves in the "stuff" of life, but it is love that keeps us alive.

When I was about 7 we had a lovely old lady living next door called Joy and my brother and I used to visit with her. She said her name meant Jesus - Others - Yourself - and she explained that that was how you found Joy or Happiness. Now, again, I don't think the specifics are as important as the concept that when we forget our own troubles and think of others, we find happiness. I trust that my small, token gifts will end up where the universe believes they are most needed at this time. I wonder who needs to make someone a slice of toast that says "I love you"? It is not too late to join in. so sign up and let me know you'd like to be in the draw - results next weekend.

Number 3 posted this on Facebook last night. Does it speak to you as loudly as it spoke to me?


I wish you Love, Light and a wonderful day wherever you are xxx


8 comments:

  1. Great post - I love the JOY acronymn too. Thanks for the comment on my blog today
    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that LIFE Quote. I have it on blog too!

    Love is all we need, absolutely.

    I love the sound of Joy, she had the right idea.

    Just as an aside...where did you get that beautiful heart from?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poster too :) and ill be looking out for that book too, sounds brilliant, i teach preschoolers and am fascinated about how they develop.

    Ps Im sure i was a follower before but i stopped getting your updates, ive followed again and had a good catch up though, loving your beautiful baby items :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, fair cheered my day! My children go to a catholic school and the priest said as he makes the ash cross "God made you and you are special" ....we all need reminding we are special. I love the life quote as well.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post. I'd been having a 'grumpy day' but this has put things into more perspective. Thank you! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments - good to have you back Astra and the heart is from John Lewis Sft - it was meant as a Christmas decoration, but I love anything red, white and Nordic looking xxx
    Results of draw on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx