Thursday 9 February 2012

Good Evening Lovely Readers

I have been tagged at Nanny's Place and have to answer the following questions. Nanny has been having a good old tidy up if you want to go and have a look:  http://myblog-nannysplace.blogspot.com Anyway, so here are the rules:


#1 - Post these rules.
#2 - Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you. 
#3 - Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
#4 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
#5 - Let them know that you tagged them.



1.When did you start blogging and why?

In the New Year- I made resolutions about clearing clutter, being frugal, saving and trying to find more energy for my creative tasks and blogging seemed a good way to share this.

2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?

The house we live in now. Other half loved it but it's not practical, costs a fortune to run because it is not energy efficient and we have a huge mortgage. It is currently on the market.

3.What is your most precious childhood memory?

Spending time with my Nanny who was utterly divine and her teaching me to knit.

4. What is your favorite color and why?

Blue - I grew up by the sea and still live close and I love it. I am a Piscean so guess that accounts for my love of water.

5. What was your best date with your significant other?

I'll come back to that one...

6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?

Giving birth to 4 amazing children and breastfeeding them all for ages.

7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd?

Bit of a loner, but quite happy in a group too, especially when I know people.

8.What was the best meal you've ever had?

The veggie sausages, mash and peas that Mr Thrifty just cooked for me!

9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?

I would start by wishing for a genie in a jar who would grant me unlimited wishes! Then I'd go for being slim, peace,  ( I know it should be the other way round., but I am being honest), an end to exploitation in all its forms... Then I would wish for a moneyless world - people would have to trade skills and goods to get what they needed. Oh, and I would introduce schools along the lines of the one started by Satish Kumar in Devon which teaches kids about ecology and how to live, rather than a load of stuff they will never use (spoken as a teacher!!!).

10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

To see the Northern Lights and stay in the Ice Hotel.

11. Who is your best friend?

My hearing dog Zena. (How sad is that?).


So these are the people I am tagging:     ... they are wonderful blogs so do go and have a look for yourself!
http://frugalfritha.blogspot.com/
http://frugaldom.blogspot.com/
http://sftandthe101challenge.blogspot.com/
http://frugalinnorfolk.blogspot.com/
http://frugalfreesiahandmadeandhomemade.blogspot.com/
http://crystalrainbow-sparkleandshine.blogspot.com/
http://fostermummy.blogspot.com/
http://landcuckoo.blogspot.com/
http://homespunliving.blogspot.com/
http://mumssimplylivingblogat.blogspot.com/
http://stocki.blogspot.com/

And here are the questions:


1.When did you start blogging and why?
2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?
3.What is your most precious childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite colour and why?
5. What do you like about other blogs?
6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?
7.If you were cast adrift on a desert island, which 3 possessions would you choose to have?
8.What could you not live without?
9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?
10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
11. Who is your best friend?



6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mrs. Thrifty. I shall have a good old think about these questions and have a go at answering them in my next post.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so lovely..

    I will be posting my replies on Saturday.

    Sft xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks so much for tagging me in your list! I love you r answers... and I am going to pester you until you give us the answer to number 5 :)... As for number 3... I haven't got grandchildren yet...but that is the kind of Nanny I AM going to be! As for number 11...that isn't sad... one of my best friends is Freddie my dog...and he doesn't help me at all... unless you count the sympathetic ear and cuddles!
    So... 11 tags, answers and questions...hmmm... this could take a while... thanks again! Hugs for you AND Zena, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me Mrs Thrifty.

    Got a busy day today but will try to answer the questions by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's certainly blogging season, and I've got myself in a muddle already...

    I've nominated you for a Versatile blogger award but I do understand you are busy, so I'm happy for you to just accept it without blogging.

    I accept your tag in the same way, as I've just been tagged twice.

    Questions not answered are:

    2. probably wish I hadn't bought clothes I don't wear.

    3. precious childhood Christmas' with my family.

    4. Blue is my favourite colour, as you say the best things are blue!

    5. I love frugal living and creative blogs best!

    6. Biggest achievement of my life is making Mr Sft fall in love with me, faults and all.

    7. MP3 player, walking boots, complete works of Charles Dickens

    8. travel and adventure

    9. 3 wishes peace, community living for all, 3 seasons-spring, summer and autumn

    10. At the moment I would go to CANADA

    11. Mr Sft is my best friend.


    Hope that's ok

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just dropped in from Nanny's Place. I was happy to read why you liked the colour Blue, since I am a Pieces it now makes perfect sense to me why I have liked the colour Blue all my life. Loved the read. Have a good day, from one Pieces woman to another.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx